BACK IN THE U.S.: Ex-Red Sox slugger David Ortiz after Dominican Republic bar shooting
play BACK IN THE U.S.: Ex-Red Sox slugger David Ortiz after Dominican Republic bar shooting

Share this video

Share this video:

BACK IN THE U.S.: Ex-Red Sox slugger David Ortiz after Dominican Republic bar shooting

Published by : FOX 10 Phoenix
David Ortiz is back in Boston Monday night after the former Red Sox slugger affectionately known as “Big Papi” was ambushed by a gunman at a bar in the Dominican Republic, investigators said.

The 43-year-old retired athlete had been in stable condition in intensive care at a Santo Domingo hospital after doctors removed his gallbladder and part of his intestine.

His spokesman, Leo López, said Ortiz’s liver also was damaged in the shooting Sunday night.

The Red Sox offered “all available resources” and sent an aircraft to bring him back to Boston.

boston red sox the red sox david ortiz mlb major league baseball dominican republic bar shooting ortiz shot baseball player shot new england sports baseball news “Big Papi”

🚫 Adblock Detected